26 April 2008

Where does time go?

Last week my baby turned 5.

Where on earth did the last 5 years go?

I remember so clearly the moment she arrived and I held her for the first time in my arms. My world changed that day, suddenly I saw everything in colour, my heart almost burst with love and my inner mother tiger came out and growled. 5 years down the track and in my life is this amazing little girl, someone who loves very deeply and passionately, someone who is unsure of herself yet possesses a wonderful quiet confidence, someone who is learning all the time about millions of different things, someone who is learning more about her feelings and emotions and others peoples feelings, someone who cares very deeply about her friends, always wanting to make sure they are ok and happy. Ayesh is such a delightful girl, she never ceases to amaze me or frustrate me!! Having her in my world is what makes it turn for me, as cliche as it is, I really can't imagine what life would be like without her. I hope I never ever ever find out.

She had a wonderful birthday week, yes week, and was totally and utterly spoilt rotten. As all kids should be. Lots of presents to open up on her birthday morning followed by pancakes for brekky then off to school. Family came over that night for more presents and icecream birthday cake, Ayesha's choice of course.

On Saturday we had a fantastic arty birthday party with her friends at this place, where they were all deep in concentration with their masterpieces. Seriously it was bizarre that so many 5 and 6 year old were so quiet! It truly was a fantastic day, I would recommend anyone in Melbourne to check it out for their kids. I think we will have another party there in a couple of years.

One of Ayesha's favourite things is Paris, she is obsessed with it and will spot an Eiffel Tower a mile away so as well as lots of little parisian birthday presents, she requested a french poodle birthday cake because poodles are the only dogs in Paris. Making her cake is what I look forward to most of all, I love love love making cakes. Sad aren't I? Anyway, luckily there is a french poodle in one of my cake books, the good old Womens Weekly cookbook, where would we be without it?? She was very impressed with how it turned out and I have to admit so was I.

So a big happy birthday to my girl, I hope that your life is full of love and laughter, that you continue to learn and be amazed with the world and that you always have a friend by your side and that you always always have a true sense of self. I love you baby girl, for every today and every tomorrow xxx

No comments: