27 May 2008

Retreat joy

I have finally found the time to sit down and post about the amazing art retreat with Misty and Traci.

Thursday was spent playing and futzing with different Golden mediums in a class with Jacky, who is just such a lovely natured soul, a very talented lady who was a lot of fun. Her and Jo did a great job organising the whole retreat.
Friday was an experience to never forget. The Misty class. Lordy, did I have butterflies in my tummy, I was worried that I would be terrible, that everyone else would be able to paint, in fact, i was sure I was going to forget how to paint all together!! And meeting Misty, cripes, that almost sent me into conniptions. Misty is an artist and a person that I have admired for many years and I was going to see her. For real. And paint in the same room as her. Squeal! What a fantastic time I had, for the first time in a long time I felt alive, my heart and soul was buzzing with inspiration and energy. My hands were covered in paint and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Misty was very generous with her time and her knowledge, and she was a great teacher. It was nice to see all the little things she does, and how easy she makes it look!! So this is what I accomplished in the day - im quite pleased with it for a first attempt!




And this is the fabulous piece that I bought from Misty!


On Saturday I did Traci's class and had an absolute blast. Traci's style is very very different to mine and at times I found it quite hard to let go and work freely, but I did and I am quite proud of the results. Traci works fast and furious and I can't believe how much fun I had. As you can see from the pic, im a messy worker!
I met some of the most amazing women in this retreat, some that I have spoken to through blogs and some I met for the very first time. I hope that we can all meet again somewhere down the track and make wonderful messy amounts of art.

So all in all it was a very inspiring time, there was so much to take in and look at and listen to. My mind was just about ready to explode with ideas and things I wanted to try and do.

I think the best thing though was being around people who were like me, who understood what really makes me tick, what makes my heart skip a beat. They got the excitement of a new technique, of a paint colour, or a texture that happens accidently. They got the feeling of paint under their nails and in their hair and how soothing it is to be creating, how nothing else matters around you when you have a paintbrush in your hand, that you can pretty much tune everything out!

So a big thanks to all those who came, those who organised it and those who helped create these unbelievable memories of mine xxx

No comments: